Yes! You can trade-in your old device for a credit when you purchase a new one at select Optimum or Suddenlink stores.
How do I trade in my device?
1. Bring your device to the nearest store — make sure to back-up or transfer any personal data prior to your visit.
2. An Altice Mobile Expert will evaluate the trade-in eligibility of your device based on the make, model, and current physical and working condition. If your device is eligible, you will be given a trade-in offer.
3. If you accept the offer, remove the SIM or SD card, disable Find My iPhone (for iOS) and perform a factory reset on your device.
4. Turn your device in and the Altice Mobile Expert will send it for processing. All device trade-ins are final.
5. Once your device is received and appraised, credit for the final trade-in value will be applied to your bill within 2-3 bill cycles.
Is the only way to trade in a device at a store?
Yes. Currently, device trade-in is only available at stores where you can buy a device.
Who is eligible to trade in a device?
- Existing Optimum or Suddenlink customers in good standing within the last 6-months are eligible to trade-in and purchase a phone
- Current Altice Mobile customers who add-a-line with a phone purchase are eligible to trade in their device
- Current bring your own phone Altice Mobile customers who want to trade in their existing device and purchase a new one
What devices are eligible for trade-in?
Most smartphones from Apple, Samsung, Motorola, Google, and LG are accepted if they meet the following requirements:
- It's in good working condition and able to turn on
- It's in good physical condition. Minor scratches and scuffs are okay, but devices with cracks, splits, fractures, missing parts, or a damaged charging port will not be accepted
- It has a functional screen that is free of cracks and other damage
- Has no liquid damage. If the liquid contact sensor is activated, the device shows signs of oxidation, or liquid or moisture are visible through the screen, it will not be accepted
- The Find My app has been disabled on your iPhone
- The device has been restored to factory settings
Some devices do not have any trade-in value (most likely due to their relative age). Altice Mobile will gladly dispose of any devices with no value. Just ask an Altice Mobile Expert more about our environmentally-friendly recycling program.
Can I trade in more than one device at a time?
You can only trade in one phone per device purchased. This means that you can trade in up to 2 devices within a 90-day timeframe. You will receive separate shipping information, and offer number for each eligible device you trade-in.
Do I have to remove my information from my old device?
Yes. You are responsible for removing all confidential, proprietary, or personal information before turning your device over to an Altice Mobile Expert. If you are unsure how to remove personal information from your device, refer to your owner's manual or the manufacturer's website.
Do I need to remove my SIM or SD card when I trade in my device?
Yes. To protect your personal information take out the SIM or SD card before you turn in your device.
What if I change my mind about the trade-in?
Once you turn your device over to an Altice Mobile Expert, you will not be able to get it back. All device trade-in transactions are final.
How long will it take to receive the credit?
Your credit will be applied to your bill within 2-3 bill cycles after appraisal.